Autism is a spectrum disorder, and though no two individuals have the same autistic characteristics Despite these often vast differences, autism does show many common traits. These are described in this chapter. Please follow the navigation buttons below.
Learning & Education
- Exceptionally high skills in some areas and very low in others.
- Excellent rote memory in some areas.
- Difficulty with reading comprehension (can quote an answer, but unable to predict, summarize or find symbolism).
- Difficulty with fine motor activities (coloring, printing, scissors, gluing).
- Short attention span for most lessons.
- Resistance or inability to follow directions.
- Difficulty transitioning from one activity to another in school.